Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Daily Tip: Don't be too hasty

Often times, when exuberance takes over common sense, those of us with A.D.H.D throw all caution to the wind. There are times I remember when trying to catch a subway train in Toronto, I would run into the subway train compartment just as the doors were closing and the train started moving!

I have heard horror tales of A.D.D.er's jumping from silo to silo to save the time it took to climb down the ladder of a barn silo.  I heard about one young chap in Patterson, NY who fell to his death while doing such a stunt.  Imagine the horror his companions felt while looking on helplessly!  Such daring, death-defying (though, not always!) risk-taking antics are often the stimulation those with A.D.H.D or A.D.D. indulge in due to impatience and/or false bravado.
Yesterday, I bounded out of bed in a hurry and tripped, crashed to the floor, and injured my right shoulder.  By the sounds of it, my husband thought I'd hit my head.  Instead, I only banged my knee and sprained my right shoulder, the one with the torn rotator from 2 previous car accidents. I was lucky I didn't hit my head going down.
You see, it is wise to slow down, and take care.
Take Care,
Amy Zents



Make sure to enjoy a sample of original music from my band Molly and Sonny Boy's newest CD release

No comments:

Post a Comment