Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Daily Tip: A better you makes better relationships

A sad fact I realized is that when problems occur in relationships, they usually stem from a problem with personality, and character. 
I know that for someone who has ADD or ADHD that trait of insensitivity to the needs of others can be amplified because the search for stimulation is often perceived as a preoccupation with oneself.
I don't mean to be selfish and self-centered, but my obssessive interests or needs can sometimes over-shadow or diminish the thoughts and feelings of those around me.
"Overly-critical, overly-talkative, over-whelming, overly-emotional, over-bearing, and over-the-top," are just a few of the ways those of us with ADD/ADHD have been described to ourselves, at one point or another, by others whom we have transgressed over the years.
Since I was diagnosed with ADHD 3 years ago, I have tried to become a more patient, more conscientious and more considerate person because I realized improving myself would improve my relationships, and IT HAS! 
What you and I consciously or unconsciously do and say affects those around us, and it is important to a happier life that we work harder at staying as emotionally-balanced and aware as we can possibly be, even with the ADD/ADHD.  

Having ADD/ADHD is NO EXCUSE for being mean to others. 

It is especially important to be aware of how we act towards those committed to us like parents, partners, and pals.

Developing traits of kindness and fair treatment always makes life easier for those around us, for those who choose to live with us!
Peace, and raised consciousness,

Amy


Make sure to enjoy a sample of original music from my band Molly and Sonny Boy's newest CD release http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/mollysonnyboy2

No comments:

Post a Comment