Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Daily Tip: Tackling a few big things may be easier in the long run


"All the world's a stage, and we are merely players."  W. Shakespeare
     There is always so much to do when you have ADHD. Everything seems to be a struggle, and yet time seems to disappear as if by magic. Lost in a fog of wonder, some of us with ADHD can make time vanish and see nothing really tangible for our efforts, especially when we are stuck or hung up on a problem.
     Yesterday, I had the best of intentions regarding housecleaning. I thought I might tackle the kitchen mess, and the bedroom mess...the dogs dragged in so much dirt, and the floor is covered in dirt, then they jumped on the bed cover and rolled their dirt and grit all over the bed, and I had to go to sleep and I could not deal with the problem because I was so tired. 
     Yesterday, I purchased an Ipad and I needed to configure my computer to upload content on the Ipad by downloading iTunes.  It took me 5 hours monkeying around to correct laptop problems and get my Ipad loaded with some of my media..ya da! ya da!  So the time necessary to clean was gobbled up with gobbledygook computer work!
     Ah well! Today is a new fresh day and I have only 3 things I've decided to do. Work on house-cleaning, practice my music and be sure to be in bed by 10. My goal is to be in bed by 10 so I can be up at 6 or 7 and get work done during my peak energy hours, which are generally mornings.  I will try and NOT spread myself too thin or be disappointed by distractions.  Together we can do everything we need to do, and get it done!  (No matter how long it takes!)  :-)
Prost!
Amy Zents
Make sure to enjoy a sample of original music from my band Molly and Sonny Boy's newest CD release
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/mollysonnyboy2

No comments:

Post a Comment