Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Daily Tip: Save your sanity by venting to a friend, then decide your options

Yesterday I went shopping at the Apple Store in the Mall of America to buy iPad accessories.
I spent $90 on 3 items: a car charger for my iPad, a protective case, and a remote control.
When I got in the truck, I tried the iPad car charger and it worked fine, provided I plugged it into the "cigarette lighter," and not the USB on my car stereo.   When I got home I tried putting my iPad in the so-called "protective case," and yet, because of the way the case was made, it was a very frustrating battle to try to shove the iPad into such a tight sleeve.  I felt I was going to drop or damage the iPad!  Then I discovered, everytime I pushed the iPad into the sleeve, it caused the iPad to light up and turn on.  Who wants a drained iPad battery?  Not me!  Also. the flimsy plastic stand that cane with the sleeve was a joke too!  A piece of overpriced junk!
Last, but not least, I was misled by a salesman into believing I was buying an Apple hand-held remote made for the iPad, which it is NOT.  I tried to use it and it didn't work on the iPad.  When I read the fine print, I found out the remote was for a Mac Computer or some other thing with an infrared connector.  So 2 out of the 3 things I bought were unsatisfactory.  I will try and get my money back.
The moral of the lesson: Be careful when you buy, and always save your receipt!
Now I have to travel all the way back to Bloomington, MN to try and return my 2 dumb purchases!
Inefficiency is a real trait of those of us with ADHD. 
In retrospect, I believe all of this shopping mess may have been avoided if I,
a) didn't trust the salesman whom I sensed was NOT paying attention to me, and
b) I decided to follow my first instinct of not buying a cheap-looking nylon-type "sleeve."  Originally, the nylon-y fabric of the tight protective "sleeve" turned me off, but compulsively, I felt I needed to do the right thing and buy some sort of a case to hold my iPad.  Why isn't a protecive case included in the purchase of an iPad?
Do I sound vexed and frustrated?
Well, we all do at times.
One of the ways frustrations can be allieviated is by venting to a friend.
Now I have vented to you my friend, next I must decide my options.
I will go back to the Apple Store sometime this weekend or next week and see if I can get my money refunded!  I have saved my receipt, now I must save my sanity!
Addendum: I did go back to the Apple Store today at the Mall of America, and they fully refunded me for my two bad purchases. I was thrilled they took back the items with no fuss.
I tried to remain calm, pleasant and polite when I spoke to the retailers about the returns, but I will have to check my credit account to make sure the charges are removed for the two objects I returned to the store.
Did you know the Apple store does not use cash registers when they sell you items?
Peace,
Amy Z




Make sure to enjoy a sample of original music from my band Molly and Sonny Boy's newest CD release
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/mollysonnyboy2

No comments:

Post a Comment