Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Daily Tip: Don't try and keep up with the Jones, they had maids!


Yesterday I began emptying the dishwasher of dishes and putting the dishes and utensils away in the cubboards and drawers.  At first glance, I thought the dishes were clean, then I realized on closer examination and to my horror, that they were dirty.  I remembered I only rinsed them off the night before, loading the dishwasher without running it, and the dishes did not get washed at all!
I have a magnet on my dishwasher that is supposed to be turned around if the dishes are dirty that reads, "Clean," on one side, and "Not clean," on the other side.  Needless to say, I never use it.
From now on I will remember to use the magnet to keep track of my dishwashing efforts.
I often find cleaning and keeping track of what has to be done is a real struggle.
When it comes to managing material possessions, I believe ADHD and ADD'ers are fighting an uphill battle.
I love the fact that variety is the spice of life, but I can only keep track of a few things in my spicy life.
How to be organized?  Well, that is going to be a lifelong quest for me and for you if you have ADHD or ADD.
I watched a YouTube video on organization, and cleanliness in the home, and I was shocked to find that the majority of people do not have a good system of organization and that people's homes are clutter magnets.
I hear messages telling me to recycle, so I hang on to bottles, papers and such, and I need to get them out of the house!
I have advertisers telling me in clever and creative ways to buy!  buy!  buy! and fashion gurus telling me by way of TV, magazines and the billboards to Shop!  Shop!  Shop! for the latest trends in fashion.
Of course, the bill collectors and junk mailers, telemarketers and every other sort of sales and service entity want a piece of me too.
So, from now on, I will remind myself that unless I am as rich as the Jones, I won't try and keep up with the Jones, they had maids!
Peace,
Amy Zents


Make sure to enjoy a sample of original music from my band Molly and Sonny Boy's newest CD release
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/mollysonnyboy2

No comments:

Post a Comment