Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Daily Tip: Learn to listen to your gut.

Too often folks want to ride on the coattails of other folks' opinions, ideas and popularity.   Folks with ADD/ADHD often find it easier to be loved by obeying the directives of family and friends, instead of listening to their own gut.
I find it hard to obey my gut, in fact, I often ignore it to my disadvantage.  Yet, it is OK to get advice, only if you feel it is valid for you.
Following the impulses and urgings of my inner "shadow" self, (my subconscious real self,) or at least rasing my consciousness about them, is wise because I believe it is my real self who pulls my strings.  Too often I give my power away, listening to others who know less than I do about my needs and emotions, because I lack confidence and do not trust my own feelings and ideas.  From now on, I will ask myself, "What do I think and feel that I should do in this situation?," and at least consider my own inner directives.
I CAN, I WILL and I MUST decide how I want to live in order to be happy.   I believe it is important for me to be authentic, and fight my internal conflicts, so I that I will have congruity in all I think and say and do.  Most of all I want to celebrate my uniqueness to have all I desire in life! 
You can too!
Peace,
Amy Zents

Make sure to enjoy a sample of original music from my band Molly and Sonny Boy's newest CD release
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/mollysonnyboy2

No comments:

Post a Comment