Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Daily Tip: Understand what it is you really want to achieve


Until you decide what goal or dream you want to fulfill, you will be going in circles and finding roadblocks in daily life to prevent you from growing and accomplishing your dreams.
Until you understand what really matters to you, and what will satisfy you, you will think of ways of keeping busy and you'll lag behind.
No one can reach a goal if they do not make a choice first.
Figure out what you want, and the way to do that is to understand what you need.
Then you will be satisfied.  You will see that you can do it because you made a firm choice and now you know what is necessary for you to realize your dream.
So, the choice is up to you.
My choice is to unload all the unnecessary things from my home and keep and cherish only the things I currently use, and love.
The rest I will sell, donate or throw out.
This is what I have decided to focus on for the next five months.
If you have ADHD, or ADD, expect that your progress towards your goal may be a lot slower than someone without ADHD, or ADD. 
I have ADHD and I move more slowly and think more slowly than most people I know.  But, you and I must begin at the beginning, and everyday is the first day, a new day, a new chance, and a day of promise.
Peace,
Amy Zents



PS. Yesterday I was really tired coming home from shopping in Mankato, MN. Unbeknownst to me, when I filled up with gas around 9pm last night, I left the gascap off my truck and this morning when I got out of the truck after I drove to work, I found the gas cap on the back of my truck, resting on the vinyl topper..it road with me all over town last night and this morning, and did not fall off the back of the truck! What a miracle! I was delighted.
On a sadder note, yesterday morning I clipped my Pokewalker (really, it's a pedometer) to my pants and wore it all day and all evening long, however, somewhere, somehow last night I lost it because it was not on me when I checked after I got back home from Mankato.
I was so sad, since the Polkewalker is part of a Nintendo DS video game I am playing. Ah, life's little tragedies! ADHD or ADD folk have to constantly deal with absent-mindedness and need to be even more vigilent than most especially when feeling tired.
Make sure to enjoy a sample of original music from my band Molly and Sonny Boy's newest CD release
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/mollysonnyboy2

No comments:

Post a Comment