Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Daily Tip: Procrastination leads to late credit card fees. Pay right away!


"Sometimes it feels like I'm bathing in molasses..."  Those are the opening lyrics to my original song, entitled "A.D.D. Blues"
I mailed my Sony credit card payment check in 2 days before the due date, and I got a bill saying that I didn't pay my Sony Credit card bill on time and I was charged $39.00.   Why don't they just make it an even $40?
I thought I got the money in on time, but due to the snail mail the folks at Chase/Sony/Whatever processed it the day after it was due, hence the $39 charge!
Plus Interest!!!
So, I will cut up that card, needless to say.
I tried calling to straighten things out, but the Chase people said, "No go."
So, it's my loss as well as THEIRS!
The sad fact is, I had the funds to pay the bill, but I was very busy.  You know, just like you, I've got a life!
I didn't know I could just call them up and pay over the phone, and I couldn't find the correct website or my Sony card password, so I felt ripped off by yet another credit card company.
I didn't tell you my Target card horror story, where some hackers got into my account.
I was lucky Target notified me.  Nevertheless, guess who no longer uses her Target card either?
I think victims of ADD/ADHD have to be hypervigilant about the use of credit cards.
Be careful, it's a credit card/electronic JUNGLE out there!
When I got my citation last week from the cop, I was told the only way I could pay my traffic fine was on the telephone with a credit card!
Credit cards are a necessary evil in this society.  Necessary, yes, and yet, still very EVIL!
The lack of money is the ROOT of ALL EVIL! 
(A workmate I knew committed suicide due to money problems, addictions and ADD.  Needless to say having the credit card companies hounding him day and night did not help matters.)
Whoever had the "bright" idea of credit cards should be locked away.  Forcing all citizens to use credit cards is crazy, cruel and criminal IMHO.
ADD/ADHD victims are the ones who likely will pay most of the fines and fees to keep credit card companies happy, since the idea of cash..or good old-fashioned checks is now obsolete.
Peace,
Amy Zents


Make sure to enjoy a sample of original music from my band Molly and Sonny Boy's newest CD release http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/mollysonnyboy2

No comments:

Post a Comment