Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Daily Tip: Avoid the risk that is not fun, Melanoma.



On Monday I saw a half-naked man wearing jeans mowing hs lawn in the hot midday sun. He had no head gear on, no shirt and he was light-skinned. As I felt those screaming hot rays of the sun beat through my open truck window onto my arms and face I hoped in my heart that "Barechested Man" chose to lather his skinny bare chest, arms and back with sunscreen. I couldn't tell if he had any skin protection on, but I wouldn't bet on it.
I remembered how earlier in the day I set off the gas alarm after I sprayed my skin with bug spray AND sunscreen in my efforts to deliver the dogs to the park for their daily run in the sun, whilst protecting myself from the harm of UV's and West Nile.
How could a person like "Barechested Man" find information on skin care in the Springtime, in the middle of a heat wave, and very summerlike temps?
I think the proper education is always necessary for everyone, including "Barechested Man."  But, where to go for reliable truths on sun protection and skin care?
The Centers for Disease Control have a surplus of information on proper skin protection, and the prevention of skin cancer.
Here is where you can find some vital information:
http://www.cdc.gov/cancer/skin/basic_info/prevention.htm
Stay safe in the sun!
Amy Zents


Make sure to enjoy a sample of original music from my band Molly and Sonny Boy's newest CD release http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/mollysonnyboy2

No comments:

Post a Comment