Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Daily tip: It's easier to be sold, than to sell, but, sell you must to stay in business!

"Would I buy me if I were you?"

I just did a concert in German park.  My band is Molly and Sonny Boy.  My husband and moi.
http://www.mollyandsonnyboy.com/

See video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Df_fDs2Ao8


Ok.  Why could I NOT promote myself on the radio with gusto?
I should be able to, because I am a radio personality!
Well, my boss, a Marconi-award nominated Radio Jock, who has his own Morning Show, and I got something funny out of it for all the staff to hear.
I said, "Brian, I can't plug myself on the air!" and he said, "Why not?"
I said, "I want YOU to plug me!"  Well, they all got a chuckle out of that one!
No, seriously, everyone is selling.  It may take more than a little confidence for those of us with ADHD/ADD to sell ourselves, but we need to be schmoozers and ply our trades to world with finesse.
It is hard, but we have to sell ourselves.  Our product must be packaged nicely, and not stink or be dirty.
Our personality must shine with beauty and politeness, being kind with every word, look and gesture.
The best rule of thumb?
Ask yourself:
Do I like what I see in the mirror?
Would I want to "buy" me?
If your answer is affirmative, you probably are a good seller of yourself and your products, and passions.
So, sell! sell! sell!  Which translates into "get what you want out of life!"
It is the name of the game, and not manipulative, if you realize we are all in this selling game together.
Some times we judge things not worthy of buying, and other times we hog what we love and buy it as quickly as we see it.
So, if you want to play the game of life right, you may consider brushing up on selling.
It's part courtesy, etiquette and manners, and part choice.  Dream big dreams and get the right things for you because you can, and should be happy.
Peace,
Amy Zents

Make sure to enjoy a sample of original music from my band Molly and Sonny Boy's newest CD release http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/mollysonnyboy2

No comments:

Post a Comment