Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Monday, February 8, 2010

Daily Tip: Expirations and delayed gratification or have nothing and do nothing.

I watched an edition of Frontline last night saying that the world's attention span is shrinking because we are all multi-tasking electronically wasting time on non-thinking pleasurable past-times like checking emails, surfing the net when we should be working.  Also, people still can't stop texting while they are driving, and more and more gamers are forming close bonds with their Virtual Friends, instead of with folks nearby.
Well, what of it?  Does that imply we all have ADHD  No!  There are lots of people doing lots of things in organized, efficient ways, however, I am not one of them.
On Feb. 4th, 2010, my band website http://www.mollyandsonnyboy.com/ was shut-down because I did not renew my website subscription.  I will hopefully reinstate it today, now that I have the email reminding me that my subscription had expired.  Have I mentioned I support my local library because my books are generally overdue, or I need to buy new books, CD's and audiotapes to replace the ones I have lost?
Yes, there are things we ADHD'ers need than more common sense, and practical tips and tactics to get through our day, they are known as "greenbacks."
I won't begin to regale you with all the dollars I have flushed down the toilet to credit card companies, car dealerships, the local cop shop for speeding tickets and parking fines.  Life as an ADHD'er is hell if you don't try and get a handle on yourself.  To confine yourself to an easier life, you need to have nothing, go nowhere, and do nothing, or so it seems.
There are tender mercies though:  I have 2 hobbies.  Cooking and singing.
These things I can do in the confines of my abode, and they are generally inexpensive.
The only problem is with cooking comes dirty dishes and with singing comes the desire to go out and perform.
Luckily, there is the Internet.  The Internet and video games are huge time-killers that can suck you in and wear you out.
Where am I going in all this?  I don't know.  I guess today's daily tip is make sure you pay your bills on time or get knocked off the net, or wind up stuck.
Time to pay my Internet subscription bill.  Last night, I got caught up on cleaning.  I had a huge dish pile-up, HDP only proving the point that what you resist persists.
I wish I could say that I am curing my ADHD.  But, let us just say I am coping with it from day to day.
I will stop back tomorrow with an update on how my music career is going...btw, my band is going to be singing and playing for St. Patty's day at the Loose Moose Saloon in Mankato, MN on Wed. March 17, 2010 from 6-9pm.  I know if we don't get started practicing now it will not be good.
SO, gotta get the set list and the music ready.
Til manana.  Peace and Mahalo!
Amy Zents
© Amalia Zents

No comments:

Post a Comment