Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Daily Tip: Eat right and sleep right to feel alright!

I find because I have A.D.H.D. that I am hardly ever hungry, but I mostly eat for pleasure.  At other times, I ignore my hunger and then I go for hours on end without eating and then I feel famished and weak, and make up for it with overeating.
I think finding peace with food is vital for a good life and my husband and I are working on portion control, healthy eating habits and a good exercise program.
My daily gratitude is regarding the Internet. I am grateful to have a home computer, and the Internet that keeps me in touch with others, educates me when I need to do research on my interests and ambitions, and entertains me.  Regarding the Internet, I know that I need to care more for my band website for my band Molly and Sonny Boy, by improving it and updating it.
Yesterday I did a lot of things in the housework vein, and I almost ate more than my daily calorie quotient, but I did not overeat because I was counting my calories and so, when I stepped on the scale this morning I was pleasantly surprised.  I had dropped some weight, and I know this for a fact, if you count calories and manage your portion control you can succeed in weight control.
As for concentration, sleep is vital for it, and yet I am still lured to stay up half the night watching TV and movies.
I need to cut off my huge dependancy on Hollywood for mental stimulation, and get back into reading books.  That will surely benefit me in dropping off to sleep.
So, now it is time to head on over to the St. Peter food co-op, then hit the gym and do some cardio and stretching, a few full-range free weights, and some weight machines.
Have a beautiful day, and remember to remember, to relax and breathe.
Staying as focused as I can,
Amy Zents
© Amalia Zents 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment