Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Daily Tip: There is a lot to do, and a lot of distractions

It is Saturday.  I go to work this afternoon at the radio station.  I have chores at home this morning and I am tempted to escape by going shopping instead.  Nevertheless, I need to go to the Hardware store where I can pick up Science Diet pet food for the dogs and the cat, and I need to buy Cat Litter.  The corn stove needs to be filled because the backup heater has kicked in, that means the radiators are on burning natural gas, instead of cornstove fuel.
I hate confusion, and tedious tasks, but I need to hop to it.
How do you deal with the boring and drab chores?  I used to be all over the place, but starting today I will keep a master list of everything I do to keep the house in order.
Well, the house is not in perfect order, but I did not allow a HDP (huge dish pile-up) to happen yesterday.  Instead, I took 15 minutes to nip the problem in the bud yesterday.  As soon as supper was over, I emptied the dishwasher of the clean dishes and put them away, and then filled the dishwasher with dishes I had that were soaking in the sink, and from supper.  I knew if I did not take care of the dishes last night the kitchen would be a mess today.  Thankfully, it is not.  I was able to make a nice meal just now, and it was easier in a cleaner kitchen, except now, I am back where I started with more dirty dishes.  I need to do the same task as last night.  I need to empty the dishwasher and put the new dirty dishes in it.
I have things to do today, and the computer or rather the Internet  and the TV are two of my most pervasive distractions.  The dogs are waiting to go out, and I need to drag a 50 lb. bag of corn stove fuel in to put in the corn burner.
Life is good, and I will have some time before work to decompress after I do my chores.
Take care,
Amy Zents
© Amalia Zents 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment