Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Daily tip: My own 18 day experiment in simplifying/tracking my life.

Monday Feb. 8th signified the first day of my "simplification experiment."
I am being who I want to be, in order to do what it is I want to do, in order to have what I want to have.
What does this mean for this singing-songwriting comedic teacher/radio DJ?
Basically, my top 3 important activities for each day are summed up in 3 steps:
Sing out, clean up and work out.
U see.  I have gigs to do, and I need to practice, I have a house to live in and peeps to teach in it, and it has to be neat and tidy, clean and fresh, and I have a body I would like to improve in shape and size..that is DOWN size.
So, I was able to reheasrse for the St. Patty's day gig on Monday with my honey.  We will be performing on Wed. March 17, 2010 for St. Patty's from 6-9 at the Loose Moose Saloon in Mankato, MN. 
I was able to wash up the dirty dishes and tidy up the place on Monday, but I was unable to waddle to the gym to wiggle my weight because the day slipped away so fast, and it got to be too late.
Now having affirmations also helps and I include those in my daily life.
I write my desire out 15 times..of course right now my desire is to be who I am, doing what I am doing so I may have all I desire: the POSITIVE consequences of a musical, clean and fit life.
Self-life-home-career improvements, are they possible for me?
I will keep it simple and see.
Lord knows I have enough confusion upstairs in my brain, I don't need to complicate matters outside of my head, and that is why I must track my behavior.
What is counted counts.
So day one was almost a success.  Today is day two, and I will start by practicing my guitar and St. Patty's day songs.  Here is one you may enjoy performed by my hubby and me, the moniker of our duo?  Molly and Sonny Boy.  Please enjoy us performing, "Cockles and Mussels."


Til tomorrow, chin-up and keep it simple.
BTW, my husband and I performed locally for a grand opening for The Grand Kabaret on Sat. Feb. 6th, 2010, in our town of New Ulm.  Here are 3 photos of us up on stage.  I clipped on the hair, it was a quick do, since I had no time to shower or anything that whole day!

Peace,
Amy Zents
© Amalia Zents

No comments:

Post a Comment