Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Daily Tip: Try and take a compliment

One of the hardest things I have found is to accept a compliment.
I got an email from a girl I work with, and the subject referred to a radio commercial I produced.
"Eggstravaganza ad."
Immediately, I thought, she is probably emailing me to complain.  Maybe she didn't like my work....
Well, this is what the email said:
I heard the Eggstravaganza ad and it sounds great!!
I would have never thought of putting the “Chicken Dance” behind it.
Thanks for helping me out!
So, my fears were not warranted.
It is hard for people who have A.D.H.D to believe in themselves.
Maybe it's time we do.
My daily gratitude is regarding my part-time radio job. I am grateful to have a glamorous job in show business as a radio broadcaster.  It helps me to feel good about myself while I inform and entertain others. And it makes me get out of myself, interview people on-air and it keeps me up to date with my community events, world affairs, and it is fun!
So, here's to self-confidence.  Let us find self-worth in what we do, and not by relying on others to praise us.  Once in awhile it is NICE to be complimented too!
Peace,
Amy Zents
© Amalia Zents 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment