Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Daily Tip: Thirsty Thursday and a suicide of a fashion icon

Well today marks the official first day of my drop the excess fat program, and I am presently sipping diet Dr. Thunder (low-cost generic Dr. Pepper) as I type this.  It is a sunny, snowy morn and there is much for me to do.  Mainly to catch-up on.  There are dirty dishes in the sink and a dryer full of clean clothes.  As you know I am doing an experiment called "Sing out, Clean up, and Work out."  Today is Day 4 of the project.  Yesterday, day three, I was able to, like on Monday, just complete 2 out ot the three.  The one thing out of the three that I generally cannot get done is the Work out.  I didn't go to the gym yesterday.  I kept the place up as best as I could because I have students who come for music lessons.  I have to do a lot today as well.  I hope to also get in shape for spring.
I always marvel at people like Joan Rivers and Karl Lagerfeld, both aged 76 active as can be.  I noticed on Facebook this morning Joan Rivers is in London, England.  She writes: "I got to London late Monday night and headed straight to QVC UK to sell my Conversion Readers TSV! (H14124) Today we had a couple of free hours, so I went to visit Hampton Court Palace outside of London - where Henry VIII spent three of his honeymoons. I could move in here tomorrow!!! Now I'm off to Cliveden, the former FABULOUS home of Lady Astor. Someone bid a lot of money to have dinner tonight with me ?!?!?"
Isn't that wonderful?  Amazing someone almost 3 decades older than me is in marvelous shape and traveling to Europe and pursuing a career in many areas, and full of pep.  The same can be said for Fashion Designer Karl Lagerfeld who lost an excessive amount of weight to get mod and slender for his fashionable, busy and jet-setting lifestyle. 
I saw a great quote someone posted on Twitter this morning:  Life in the fast lane is hard, start getting ready now."  SO, with all my aspirations, plus the handicap of ADHD, I need to start training, getting fit and getting strong.
Then there are the tragic fashion heros, like Alexander McQueen who was found dead today, of an apparant suicide.  Only 40.  I just checked his website, it was down. http://default.pprgroup.net/amq/
I read about him on Wikipedia,  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_McQueen how very sad, someone with such great success not wanting to go on.
But, we don't know him personally, or his struggles.
Well, I will hope the best for him and his family.
McQueen is noted as saying, "Life goes on," after his mother passed, and his tragic hanging by his own hand, makes the saying seem a little too simple.  Life may go on, but we must go on with it, and find an inner peace as best we can by fighting the fight against all that can spoil our valuable and precious time here on earth.  And, if you have ADHD like me, we need to continue our quest to find the notes of sanity in our topsy-turvy world by following our own light and doing what we can to be strong, then a) we can blame no one else, and b) we can celebrate our own success!
Here is a lovely video I made I hope you will enjoy:
Full, happy life
Til tomorrow,
Amy Zents
© Amalia Zents

No comments:

Post a Comment