Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Daily Tip: A cozy nest, not a hornet's nest and Pet Peeve.

I must say with only 3 major things on my plate, keeping the house clean and neat is still a challenge.
Yesterday was day 2 in my 18 day experiment of doing the 3 major things:  Sing out, clean up and work out.  I did practice for the St. Patty's Day Gig with my husband.  We worked on such tunes as Early One Morning, All for me Grog and The Mermaid.  We also worked on Song for Ireland which you can see and hear a version of it here taped a long time ago.
We worked out at the gym for an hour.  I was glad that we did because it jump-started my plan to go daily to the gym and got it in motion.
I did dishes morning, noon, but not night; so now, when I go into the kitchen, I need to wrestle with a sinkful of yesterday's dishes.
I was supposed to run the sound board at the radio station for a game last night, but it got cancelled on account of the weather.   We watched a couple of episodes downstairs of an old TV show off DVD's I bought for my husband last Christmas about the ultimate fictional ADHD'er, "Get Smart," and enjoyed it, laughing and laughing.  Then we took the party upstairs and I wound up hanging out in bed with my man, watching a 1977 movie, starring Simon Pegg entitled, "Hot Fuzz."
A pet peeve day: I didn't realize pets can be so demanding and annoying at times.  Yesterday, it seemed every time I went downstairs, the cat was after me, meowing for milk, or the dogs were hounding me to go for a walk outside.
I have music students coming over this afternoon and evening.  The living room is cluttered with instruments, music books and a lot of "stuff."  So, I will be doing some cleaning this morning.  Now it is time for breakfast, a music practice, a jaunt to the local gym and then I will do my utmost to clean house.
I hope you are doing well.  As for other ADHD'ers,  try to limit yourself in worrying.  Yes, you want a cozy nest, and you want the best, not a hornet's nest, but the facts are clear, to worry about all of it only causes pain.  It is best to quit feeling sorry for yourself, and just do what you can do.  Afterwards, you can enjoy the pleasure of it all.
'Til tomorrow, stay focused and keep singing out, cleaning up and working out!
I remain, yours truly,
Amy Zents
Check out a sample of my song , "A.D.D. blues," here, YAY!  My bandsite is back up!
© Amalia Zents

No comments:

Post a Comment