Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Friday, February 26, 2010

Daily Tip: Schedule Less to do more

Does it seem to you time just evaporates when you make a giant to-do list?
I have some priorities that need to get done everyday whether or not I put them on my to-do list.
These priorities surround my pets, my home and my personal needs such as good grooming and exercise.  Nevertheless, mere existence is not the only thing I am focused on.  I have many other things I would like to do besides, eating, sleeping, dressing and exercising myself and the dogs.
But, these recurring chores have to find a place in my day because they are mandatory for a pleasant existence.
One of my biggest time-suckers is TV-watching!  I like to watch mysteries and comedies, exciting adventures and for some reason I generally wind up staying up half the night watching TV.
I find it stupid when I reflect on it, why watch so many other people having fun while I am robbing myself of special dreamtime?  It makes no sense!
So, from now on I will try and force myself to not watch TV after midnight.
I wish I hated TV!  It is such a wonderful amusement, but not very profitable or very healthy.
I wish I could confine my TV-watching to Thursdays and Fridays....I think I will try that for the next 6 months because I am on a weightloss trek.
I have dropped 6 lbs since Februrary 17th, 2010 by counting calories and cycling at the gym.
My daily gratitude is regarding sleep. I am grateful to have a chance to recharge my batteries in sweet slumber, per chance to dream.  To help me to make good on my promise to abstain from TV-viewing most nights, except Thurs. and Fridays, my husband helped me to feel good about myself, by purchasing for me a mystery novel, and a glamorous romance so I can unwind to a book instead of to the bright lights of the bedroom HD TV system. Being properly rested will help me in so many ways, I am certain.  Everyone would do well to get enough sleep, and keep off too much TV!'



Well, time to get moving!

Amy Zents
© Amalia Zents 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment