Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Friday, February 5, 2010

Daily Tip: Avoid Overload, seek minimalism for now.

I think the problems of two days ago are summed up in the statement, "Don't try and live your life in one day."  I had so much catch-up work to do, dishes, laundry, unloading all the stuff from my truck from that music studio display at the Chamber of Commerce, that I overloaded myself and then got worn out.
Perhaps you suffer from the effects of distractedness, and you think, "Wow, I need to catch up in my life." You might even try and make a massive list of all the work and activities you want to get done. Well, the facts are you need to lighten your load, at least that is what I have discovered.
Once you know what the most important things are that need to get done: i.e. paying bills, meetng expenses by working, getting enough sleep; then you need to find a way to get started. One way I would suggest is giving yourself the shortest amount of time possible to dedicate to the task. Then, go ahead and do what it takes to get 'er done. So what, if you did not :
devote 2 hours to working out at the gym, or perhaps you \
did not send a fancy new card to a family member,
as long as you got to the gym for a few minutes, and
wrote to the relative a short note on sheet of paper or a post card, and mailed it, with a stamp on it, good for you!
Minimalism is not just an art form. It should be your lifestyle, at least for now, until you find out what it is you can reasonably do in a longer period of time.

Make sure to hear my song ADD Blues. It is available now at CD baby on my band's latest CD release "Rhythm N Blues Grass," and on Amazon, iTunes, and Nabster.
http://cdbaby.com/cd/mollysonnyboy2
Peace
© Amalia Zents

No comments:

Post a Comment