Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Daily Tip: Don't sweat the big stuff. My story

Today I met a police officer I hadn't met before.  What does this mean?
It means that I see police officers now and then when my driving skills arn't up to par due to my anxiety and ADHD!
I was anxious and stressed because I COULD NOT FIND MY KEYS before work and I insisted on wasting time looking for them, instead of the spares, so I could drive to work!  By the time I collected the spare keys I was running late for work!
When I got in my truck to go to work, I got on my cell phone to call my work mate that I would be arriving late, since I live only 5 blocks away from work, and I was in a hurry, I forgot to buckle up, and got pulled over for an illegal lane change, along with not being belted in, and using my cell phone while driving!

I should tell you there is no doubt my adrenaline was in hyperdrive because I am an over-conscientious employee, and my anxiety issues took over with my neglecting to buckle up, and the urge to phone work to say I would be late.

It all stemmed from the fact that I couldn't find my bundle of keys with my house key, garage key, truck key and radio station keys anywhere.  Then I had to look for replacements all separate, all over the place!

Yes, it was my fault I could not find my keys this afternoon, but also, the hook I used to put my keys on is situated over a radiator, and the bundle would fall behind the radiator and get stuck in there and it would take
strength to get behind the radiator and lift the radiator screen up to try and fish the bundle of keys out, so I wouldn't use the hook after a few of those "dropped key episodes!"

Now I need to pay a ticket with my credit card to a 1800 number tomorrow.  I won't contest it in court, another case of my ADHD, but I am not protected, when something happens, when I make mistakes, I still have to pay the price.

I tell ya, I'm really at the point where I will bike to work, instead of drive.

The police officer was good, and I did my best to be cooperative.
Also, my insurance card is NOT A CARD, just a scrap of paper from Farmer's Insurance.
When I used to have my insurance with State Farm, they would give me a card I could keep in my wallet.

Needless to say the scrap of paper, with my insurance information, and the other scrap with my truck registration was NOWHERE TO BE FOUND!
Tomorrow I will have to TCB (take care of business!)

At it's best ADHD sucks.  The lesson I learned is to don't sweat the big stuff.
Stay cool, IN ALL EVENTS!


Peace,

Amy Z.
Here is a lovely poem I found online to calm my mind.  ~ Author unknown.

Sometimes people come into your life

and you know right away that they were

meant to be there... to serve some

sort of purpose, teach you a lesson or

help figure out who you are or who you

want to become. You never know who

these people may be but when you lock

eyes with them, you know that every

moment that you are with them, they

will affect your life in some profound

way. And sometimes things happen to

you at the time that may seem horrible,

painful and unfair, but in reflection

you realize that without overcoming

those obstacles you would have never

realized your potential, strength,

will power or heart.



Everything happens for a reason!

Nothing happens by chance or by means

of good luck. Illness, injury, love,

lost moments of true greatness and sheer

stupidity all occur to test the limits

of your soul. Without these small

tests, life would be like a smoothly

paved, straight, flat road to nowhere,

safe and comfortable but dull and

utterly pointless.



The people you meet affect your life.

The successes and downfalls that you

experience can create who you are, and

the bad experiences can be learned

from.... In fact, they are probably the

most poignant and important ones.

If someone hurts you, betrays you or

breaks your heart, forgive them because

they have helped you learn about trust

and the importance of being cautious

to whom you open your heart. If someone

loves you, love them back unconditionally

not only because they love you, but

also because they are teaching you to

love and open your heart and eyes to

little things.



MAKE EVERYDAY COUNT! Appreciate every moment and take from it everything

that you possibly can, for you may never

be able to experience it again. Talk to people who you have never talked to before, and actually listen. Let yourself fall in love, even if it doesn't seem right because you are too young or too far, just follow your heart. Surround yourself with those who make you smile, laugh, and make you happy.



Break free and set your sights high. Hold your head up because you have every right to. Tell yourself you are a great individual and believe in yourself, for if you don't believe in yourself, no one else will believe in you. Create your own life then LET GO and LIVE IT

Make sure to enjoy a sample of original music from my band Molly and Sonny Boy's newest CD release http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/mollysonnyboy2

No comments:

Post a Comment