Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Daily Tip: Pause when under pressure

(Sometimes we all get the napkin with the hole.)
Here is a familiar scenario.  This actually happened today:
"I hate to be under pressure.
When my mind is occupied and I am not paying attention to you then I know I am under pressure.
Because I have ADHD I will brush you off by agreeing to whatever it is you ask of me, then I will make a promise I cannot keep.
Why?
I have a short-attention span, and by your request, I was put under more pressure.  So, I agreed to your request and did NOT follow through.
It is not that you are unimportant, it is just that I cannot focus well when I am stressed.
I am sorry."
I realize now I need to slow down when I feel stressed and under pressure.
Most of all, I need to try and avoid agreeing to anything anyone might ask me.
I will simply say, with backbone:  "I am unable to think clearly, please wait while I get in a better frame of mind."
     Otherwise, I will pay closer attention and try to do the right thing, instead of blowing the person off by agreeing to do (BUT NOT REALLY DO) what they ask of me.
Stay cool, and hang loose,
Amy Z


Make sure to enjoy a sample of original music from my band Molly and Sonny Boy's newest CD release http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/mollysonnyboy2

No comments:

Post a Comment