Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Daily Tip: Structure is not just a building, but a boon to a great life!



“Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be violent and original in your work.”
Flaubert quotes (French writer, 1821-1880)

To have a structured life is the ultimate boon to those of us with scattered focus and short-attention spans.

ADD/ADHD is a horrible handicap to cope with in this modern computer age.
I can go online to do one thing and burn up hours sidetracked surfing about other things than for the reason really logged on.

To have structure in one's life, to own it and to live it, is hardly an easy thing.
Who wants boring sameness? 
What if that boring sameness allows you to find the tools you need to be violent and original in your work?
So, simplify and codify your stuff in bins and boxes, shelves and drawers, if you can. 

I am embarking on a 90 day project of doing that very thing in my life and I will post my progress right here for you to see on a new blog I have decided to call, "Time to clean up my mess!"

Perhaps that will motivate me to have more structure in my life.
Peace,
Amy Zents

“Civilization begins with order, grows with liberty and dies with chaos.”

Will Durant quotes (American Writer and Historian, collaborator of his wife, Ariel Durant. 1885-1981)

Make sure to enjoy a sample of original music from my band Molly and Sonny Boy's newest CD release http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/mollysonnyboy2

No comments:

Post a Comment