Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Daily Tip: Failure is never an option, if you think of each day as a chance for success.

I just found out about some of my former college classmates. 
They are celebrities in their fields and acclaimed by Wikipedia and their professional societies.
So, must I feel like a failure in comparison?
I guess it depends on my attitude.
Life is not made a success or failure by some other person's opinion, but our own.  Therefore, we can view everyday as an opportunity to find happiness in ways that holds meaning for each of us individually, which IMHO is what real success is.
Still, there is no need to disregard accollades and awards. 
If you came by them justly, then you deserve them and should feel delighted.
Congratulations.
Still, for every so-called "winner," remember, others must lose.
So, that is why, as far as formal competitions go, I don't feel their value very strongly.
I do however, love competing in games, with friends, and I should add, I generally lose.
But, it was fun playing the games, and that is all I expect out of them.
You win some, you lose some!
What do you long to achieve in life?
It is in the individual stitches that we make the garment whole.  The garment of our lives is made up of tiny steps we take, each and every day, that help us towards our goal. 
In other words, you can reach your desired achievement, day by single day, if you keep your mind on incorporating the right tasks into your routine.
What steps do you need to make as part of your daily routine?
For instance, getting to the gym, getting enough sleep, using your peak energy hours to invest in making strides in your field, also, to enjoy your down-time, by not allowing worry to crowd out your pleasure.
Enjoy life and make each and every day a success by doing the important things that matter to you and your dreams! 
Let's appreciate ourselves better.  Let's put meaning into our chosen tasks, creating our own ideal life, by finding ways to build into our daily routine, those particular actions necessary, that will help us reach our desired destinations in a fail-safe manner!
We may need to research which actions are best to help us to go directly to our goals.  That is a topic for another day.
Nevertheless, chances are, we may never find the way to please everyone, or have or be everything others expect us to be, but we can accept and believe in ourselves, and we can act with purpose towards our goals on a daily basis, and that IMHO is what success is all about!
Self-pity is for losers!  Either poop or get off the pot!  You decide. 
 It's your move!  No blame-game.
"If it is to be, it is up to me!," means you and I are each responsible for making things happen, that we want to make happen!
As for my colleagues who have found celebrated "success," I will not envy them. 
I will congratulate them!  They paid the price. They put themselves out there.  Bully for them!
So, rather than be pressured by others success, I will decide to make my own success, regardless of whether the world crowns it with glory.
I will start building a fail-safe life of my own, by focusing on my personal dreams of what I regard as successful (such as, good health habits, clean living space, fun times with family and friends, more wealth,) and deciding on daily goals that will help me, on a daily basis, one task at a time, to get there.  You can too!
Peace, happiness, and daily success, is my wish for everyone!
It is our birthright, but it is up to us to claim it!
:-) Amy Zents

Make sure to enjoy a sample of original music from my band Molly and Sonny Boy's newest CD release http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/mollysonnyboy2

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes you might feel a little bit of a faliure compared to others, but what it is important is to consider your achievements up to now. Let´s put people who suffer from ADHD at college as an example. If they manage to degree, that is perfect, and they should feel like total winners.
    That is my humble opinion!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I am so pleased with my 34,female "follower" 18 channels. She is also diagnosed with ADHD, and just got her Master's. I got my undergrad degree after 14 years of struggle. At the time, however, I did not even hear of ADHD, and then when I graduated I got formally diagnosed with it.
    Yes, graduating is a huge thrill and relief.
    It is worth doing, and worth celebrating, esp. if you have the handicap of attention-deficit. Just wish it was easier. I agree that those of us with ADHD, at college, at home, or in a career should consider how far we've come. I was a high school drop out, and now I have a college degree! Yippee!
    In retrospect, I guess I needed to prove to myself I could finish what I start. It took some real soul-searching and self-control, but when I achieved my degree, I learned a lot of life lessons that have helped me to succeed in other areas since then, as well! Nevertheless, I am happy that I was able to find out WHAT my problem was, ADHD, and have adapted to coping with the stressors that conflict with my attainment of goals, and dreams!

    ReplyDelete