Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Daily Tip: Life is very short. There is no time for negativity.

We have a nice name for our dog Cole.  It is "Fast Frenchie."
Why?  Well, if you are lying in bed or somewhere in his proximity he will try and quickly stick his tongue in your mouth attempting to get a taste of what you've been eating.
I know.  It's gross.  But, we laugh and laugh every time he attempts to give us a fast french kiss.
This morning was particularly trying for me.
My husband was tired and hungry when he came home from work.
I made him breakfast and we had to clear up some computer stuff, like okaying some signage, and buying gifts online for family.
Detail work, especially online, is trying to folks with ADHD or ADD.
Still, we got it done and it wiped us out.
Nevertheless, we got on the topic of Dr. Zhivago, we saw in today's paper that it is now available on blu-ray.
I was in a pessimisstic mood and I quipped, "I don't want it.  It's just a movie about an illegitimate girl who has to work in a factory all her life and her father gets off a streetcar and dies of an aneurysm."
My husband said, "Aww.  It's a romance."
I said, "I took my "ban negativity" bracelet off upstairs.  I'm not wearing it, can you tell?"  I have this bracelet (a rubber one) I am supposed to snap everytime I think and say something negative.
"I can tell," my husband said.  "You took the cynic view instead of the scenic view!"
We laughed and laughed.
Life is very short.  There is no time to be negative!
Peace,
Amy


Make sure to enjoy a sample of original music from my band Molly and Sonny Boy's newest CD release http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/mollysonnyboy2

No comments:

Post a Comment