Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Daily Tip: Talk it out and work it out.

Here it is Saturday, and it feels like it was just Tuesday.  Time seems to pass and I feel so overwhelmed at times. I know I have simplified my life, a lot.  I realize if you have a house and pets, they demand a lot of your attention.  If you aspire to being fit, there is time that must be spent at the gym and if you want to perform you need to practice.  Also, there is the matter of "It's a living."  You need to work.  So how much time is left over to mull and relax?  To slow down?

Creating my comic blog focused on my dogs helps me to reconnect a little to my surroundings, you can follow it at Cole's Kibble
I could eat, drink and sleep all the time for fun.  Good meals and yummy food breaks make slowing down a little easier to swallow.
Going to the gym, and taking a break from everything by working out on the recumbant beats the A.D.D. blues.  Especially tuning into my Old Time Radio shows is a wonderful mini-vacation.
Like a burst of sunshine, teaching my students and going out with my husband to open mics or to perform is always a channel-changer in my brain that revives me.
Today's gratitude is for food.  I love good food.  I am thankful for cheeses, olives, crackers, breads, potatoes, cereals, eggs, near-beers, diet sodas, Starbucks French Roast coffee, yogurt, nachos, fruit of all varieties and raw and cooked veggies, stir-fry and delicious foods that cross my tongue salaciously each and ev'ry day.
Have a lovely weekend and stay in charge of your time and your life.

Amy Zents
© Amalia Zents 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment