Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Friday, March 26, 2010

Daily Tip: Sometimes we all need to prime the pump

It is always a chore to do important things that we tend to procrastinate on.  One idea that I appreciate is to PRIME THE PUMP.  It may mean doing laundry in advance of a vacation, setting the table before cooking, making your lunch the night ahead, vacuuming the carpets before the weekend, or clearing off the dining room before some intensive study or financial organization.
A little priming of the pump contributes to the overall success of a mission.
Try it today.
Peace,
Amy Z

Make sure to enjoy a sample of original music from my band Molly and Sonny Boy's newest CD release
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/mollysonnyboy2

2 comments:

  1. I love how you have everything organized into bite sized tips on your blog :)

    This particular one makes me think of something I blog about from time to time: hitting the re-set button. I find it useful to "re-set" my environment. Ex: I never leave my desk messy at work. Why? Because I won't be able to function when I come in the next day and see a pile of crap sitting there. Or...if the living room is a little untidy I may straighten up a few things before I go to bed so that when I get up in the morning (and am already struggling to wake up and not hate the morning, lol) I'm not waking up to a mess.

    Framing it as a little bit of a game in my head helps motivate me to do it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you subscribed, and thanks for the great tip about "re-setting" your environment for success. It is a great way to feel good. One feels more in control when things arn't always in constant disarray.

    ReplyDelete