Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Daily Tip: Frangrance can bring relief from stress, evoke happy memories

When I was a little girl my mum, who hails from Hamburg, Germany would always wear 4711 cologne.  She would come in from the winter cold, in our apartment in downtown Toronto, her cheeks like ice and she would plant a kiss on my cheek and my childish nose would inhale the fragrance from her that would evoke joy to my heart.  Yesterday, I was in Kmart, of all places, and I discovered a bottle of 4711 cologne on the end of the clearance aisle.  I purchased a large bottle on sale for only $17.  After I got home, I opened the bottle and inhaled the old familiar scent.  It smelled astringent, yet evocative.  The  scent of my mum came through my nose and to my soul.  I felt a wave of nostaglia, and dabbed my forehead and throat with the potion.  It was cool, and calming, like my mother's hugs when I was downhearted.  Perhaps there is a scent that you can remember.  Try it and see if you feel happier..
Have a wonderful day,
Amy Zents

Make sure to enjoy a sample of original music from my band Molly and Sonny Boy's newest CD release
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/mollysonnyboy2

No comments:

Post a Comment