Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Monday, March 8, 2010

Daily Tip: Less TV means more life

     I have no problem with television.
     In fact, I enjoy TV as much as the next person. Unfortunately, due to my ADHD, I'm able to focus for a really long time, say 6 to 7 hours a night on watching all the shows I have recorded on all kinds of different channels. Since we have cable, I can watch PBS, Turner classic movies, the food channel, the discovery channel, and many other channels that offer celebrity gossip, news, information, and entertainment that appeals to me and my multitude of interests.
     I have attempted to do something that is pretty successful, and that is to limit my television night viewing to only Thursdays and Fridays. I generally do not watch TV during the day, probably because I'm trying to make up sleep from my night viewing. Lately, I've been getting a lot more things accomplished because of my prohibition of TV watching for five nights a week. It is amazing how much more time I have to do the things that are very important to me, such as rehearsing for my upcoming performances with my band Molly and Sonny boy. I'm very grateful for all the other resources I possess, including many books and video games that offer me a retreat from the grunge and grind of daily living. I have two dogs, a cat, an aquarium with tropical fish and husband that demand my attention. They need love and attention and they need to be fed. They also need to be clean and well taken care of..
      So this is just a suggestion, if you feel that you're overwhelmed, maybe it's time to restrict the hours you spend in front of the TV.  You probably have many other things you'd rather be doing anyways.
Less TV means more life.
Peace,
Amy Zents
© Amalia Zents 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment