Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Monday, March 15, 2010

Daily Tip: Avoid Losing stuff, If Possible

Last night I checked to find my new Nexus One phone.  My phone battery had run down and I could not call it to find it...so what does that have to do with me?
I sometimes think I know all the answers for ADHD, but I was crawling in the mud again last night looking for my expensive android phone.  I was getting sick with fear, I had already lost my first smart phone, a G1, and my husband loveingly bought me a new Nexus one, the smart phone I use to create my daily comic "Cole's Kibble."  Last night when I couldn't find my new phone, my husband said he would help locate it, but I was ashamed at the messy place and I asked my husband to let me work things out my own way. 
I tried to track it down for over an hour.  I don't know how my husband knew, but he searched the truck after I did, and while I was in a mental state of frustration and anger, he found my phone under the truck seat and I was oh, so relieved!
I put it on the charger and I was still not satisfied.
I was so miserable for having misplaced my phone I felt so unworthy for having such a nice phone. 
I wondered if I was sabotaging myself everyday.  Crazy.  ADHD can make you feel frightened and crazy.
I told my husband how thankful I was, and now I will be even more conscientious than ever.
But, I have no answers for attention-deficit.  It is a daily fight to help yourself and others to stay sane.
I am certainly glad to have my emergency doctor husband to allay my fears and help me.
I wish I could be a better person, and the only way I see doing that is try and do more to make our homelife a lot more pleasant.
We have to have dinner now, so I will act a little less dopey and make some nice supper for my dear man.
He always makes me feel much better.  Now we are getting ready to perform a St. Patty's day gig on Wednesday.
I want to be organized and prepared but I don't expect it will be easy.
We'll get practicing after supper.  Having printer problems right now, but I am sure Jim will patiently fix that too.
Have a calm week.
Amy Zents
© Amalia Zents 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment