Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Friday, July 2, 2010

Daily Tip: Don't ever play dumb if you are a man or a woman.


One big mistake I do (according to my acting coach and what I have noticed as well,) is I give my power away for approval.
I don't know if that is an ADHD thing, just human nature to be liked, or plain stupidity.
I need to stop playing small.
There is a lovely statement about not playing small.  I hope to take it to heart everytime I feel the urge to be less than I can be to spare someone else's feelings:

Your Playing Small does not Serve the World written by Marianne Williamson


Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
It is our light, not our darkness that frightens us
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,

talented and fabulous?

Actually who are you not to be?

You are a child of God

Your playing small does not serve the world

There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other

people won’t feel insecure around you

We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us

It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone

And as we let our own light shine we unconsciously give

other people the right to do the same

As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence

automatically liberates others.

*********************************

So, don't worry about what others think or feel when it comes to shining and being your best.
It helps us all.
Peace,
Amy Z.
__________________



Make sure to enjoy a sample of original music from my band Molly and Sonny Boy's newest CD release http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/mollysonnyboy2

No comments:

Post a Comment