Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Monday, July 12, 2010

Daily Tip: Stay clean and fresh, but keep in mind, the stink of someone's bad mood can easily rub off on you!


Last Monday, I had a bad day at work.  I was overly tired, cranky, critical and grumpy.  Basicaly put, I stank!
Yep.  Today, I did not stink.  I did not have to work and I was able to have a free, clear day with just a couple of music students at the end of the day to top off a pretty successful day at home.
I cleaned the refrigerator as planned and I took a great walk and was able to update all my blogs with gusto, er, not WITH gusto, I did them alone! ;-) 
Anyhoo.  I had an all-around nice day, and then in a way, one way, I did not expect, I let someone's stink on me!
Someone sent me an unpleasant remark to a query I had, and boom! my cheery frame of mind sank into a pile of poop!
My mood got as stinky as the person I encountered in an email note.
I felt wounded and suddenly mad, sad and cranky.
I let her stink settle on me.  It's hard, isn't it?
We don't want other people grumpy.  We want to make others happy.  We want them to respond to us with appreciation and kindness.  When they do not, or we feel they've misunderstood us, or they reply to us in short, terse or rude ways that wound us, we change.
We change from being happy and frisky like a pup going out for a run, into a stinky wet clump of hard, mouldy cheese!
Let's keep their stink off us as best we can!
But how so?
The way I washed off the bad mood was I was able to get myself out of myself by cooking supper for my husband, talking about interesting and fun upcoming events, reading topics of interest online, and overall, changing the subject!
Usually, changing to a good frame of mind (by entertaining uplifting thoughts,) is necessary to reverse a change to the stinky bad. 
Also, the sooner you can get away from the stinkers, the better!
Peace, stay clean and fresh!
Amy Zents


Make sure to enjoy a sample of original music from my band Molly and Sonny Boy's newest CD release http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/mollysonnyboy2

No comments:

Post a Comment