Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Daily Tip: You Deserve the Best, and #CelebrityADHDSunday

Good morning Friends, and Happy Sunday!
Before I reveal my blog for today, let me mention my most recent trying experiences with ADHD. I nearly stabbed my hand with scissors impatiently trying to open a stick of foundation makeup, and I dropped my new Nexus Cell phone a couple of times on the hardwood floor, and on the icy sidewalk yesterday. Why these banana-fingers, or butter-fingers, or whatever you call it? And why this impatience in handling sharp objects? We know the name of the disorder, ADHD! And the saga continues. But, let's move ahead to today's message, talking about your "best guest." Also, today I will feature one celebrity who seems to me to exhibit traits of ADHD.
Your Best Guest
Who is your best Guest, whose companionship do you think you ought to enjoy?
Of course, the answer is this: Your best GUEST is YOU!!!
First, why not talk about you? With ADHD, the mind is buzzing so much, that (much to the chagrin of family, friends and colleagues) the emphasis is often on you and what you feel you want, think, or need to satisfy that insatiable urge for stimulation and variety. Others may think you are narcissistic, but that is furthest from the truth, IMHO.
You may or may not believe this, but here is what I believe you deserve...
You deserve a world free from clutter, stress and emotional angst.
You deserve to wear clean clothes, take a daily bath or shower, have a nice hairdo, work out often by walking or going to the gym, by enjoying the blessings of family, recreation and romance.
You deserve traveling and visiting places without driving 100 miles off track winding up in another state because you couldn't prepare directions before the trip, you deserve laughter and good times, proper rest and happy, productive and fulfilling work.
You deserve the best because you are your best GUEST, and HOST. You can come home to a place of peace, order and harmony without opening the fridge or the closet and having an avalanche occur, you can decide NOT to binge-eat, binge-drink, binge-shop, or indulge in obsessive-compulsive actions that hurt you and others. You can treat your mind, body, self, dreams, lover, family and friends with respect and attention. You can avoid giving them the brush-off because you are so uptight from all your fears and pain.
You can find fulfillment with a goal and a plan to make it happen.
But you need to develop the will-power muscle and the organization to get to where you want to go.
In this blog, I am going to bring to mind different areas of life that deserve our attention, so that you (and myself) can continually transform our own lives in ways that will support and assist us in the quest for sane, happy, relationships and contentment while coping with our ADHD. Sound good? Stay tuned for each daily installment and subscribe to this blog. I am also on Twitter at http://twitter.com/therealamyzents

#CelebrityADHDSunday

Now here is your #CelebrityADHDSunday feature.  It highlights a star who I think exhibits impulsive, and high-risk ADHD behavior.  I am only stating my opinion, and do not wish to upset anyone with my conjecture, but take a look at Andy Dick with Ivanka Trump.


Til tomorrow, try to stay as focused as you can on what you really, really want to happen for your best and highest aspirations in life! And, I hope you will check out my song, "A.D.D. Blues," off my band, Molly and Sonny Boy's, latest CD called, "Rhythm 'N Blues Grass." Available for download at
CD Baby.
Here is a video clip with a part of the song featured in it.

Have a great day! Musically yours,
Amy Zents
© Amalia Zents

No comments:

Post a Comment